Bruce Trail Conservancy
Trail Ambassador Jobs in Canada. The Bruce Trail Conservancy is hiring Trail Ambassadors for the summer season to promote membership, trail safety and etiquette, and raise awareness of the natural resources available on the Bruce Trail. Successful applicants will work in pairs and spend most of their time stationed at pre-determined locations on the trail. Responsibilities include interacting with hikers to promote trail safety, conducting ecological surveys, litter picking, and other duties listed below. Training will be provided, but prior experience with trail maintenance and environmental stewardship is an asset. More insights about this job are given underneath.
The salary is $19.05 per hour.
- Growth Opportunities
- Attractive salary
- Good Working Environment
- Promoting trail etiquette, safety, and the BTC to hikers.
- Litter picking along the trail.
- Removing and tracking invasive species.
- Assisting local Club trail maintenance crews.
- Assisting local Club land stewardship crews
- Reporting trail issues.
- Capturing photos for use in social media campaigns.
- Creating reports on key findings such as trail use, litter hotspots, etc.
- The ideal candidate for this position should possess strong verbal communication skills and be comfortable working in pairs.
- Additionally, reliable transportation to and from local access points on the Bruce Trail is a must, with a preference for a commute time of 45 minutes or less.
- Standard First Aid training is also required.
- Previous experience with hiking or working outdoors and knowledge of plant/wildlife identification would be beneficial.
- This position may be funded through the Canada Summer Jobs Program, and to be eligible, applicants must be between 18 and 30 years old at the start of employment, possess Canadian citizenship, permanent residency, or refugee status, and have a valid Social Insurance Number with legal authorization to work in Canada.
How to Apply
- Candidates can apply for this job by pressing the apply button.
- Interested candidates who are relevant to this position are requested to apply.
- For more job updates visit www.ejobsboard.com
March 17, 2023
Hamilton, ON, Canada